Repossession Title Requirements
To obtain a repossession (repo) title for a motor vehicle, trailer, ATV, vessel, outboard motor, or manufactured home, the lienholder must submit the following items:
- A completed, signed, and notarized Application/Affidavit for Missouri Repossession Title (Form 5005) in the lienholder's name;
- A validated copy of the Notice of Lien receipt (Form 4809 or Form 108) or a copy of the actual title, reflecting the lienholder;
- An ID/OD inspection if the repossessed vehicle has an out-of-state title; and
- A $12.50 repo title fee (includes $2.50 processing fee).
NOTE: Repossession titles cannot be issued on documented vessels.
Before making application, the lienholder must:
- Provide 10 days written notice to the owner and any other lienholders by first class mail (postage prepaid) of their intent to file for a repo title; or
- Obtain the written consent from all parties to repossess the unit (notice may be given through the Uniform Commercial Code).
Lienholders may access the department's records online to ensure they have notified all interested parties of record.
Application for repo title may be submitted at any Missouri license office, or by mail to:
Missouri Department of Revenue
Motor Vehicle Bureau
PO Box 2076
Jefferson City MO 65105-2076