Deposit of Cash or Negotiable Securities
Statutory reference: Section 303.240, RSMo.
You may submit a deposit of cash or negotiable securities as proof of financial responsibility. To do so, you must submit:
- A completed Affidavit for Assignment of Securities (Form 4201);
- A completed Affidavit of no Unsatisfied Judgments (Form 4202); and
- One of the following:
- Cash deposit: You may deposit at least $60,000 in cash with the State Treasurer's Office and obtain a certificate to submit to the Department of Revenue;
- Certificate of deposit (CD): You may submit a CD valued to at least $60,000;
- Stocks/bonds: You may submit stock/bond certificate(s) valued to at least $60,000; or
- Other negotiable securities: You may submit an acceptable form of negotiable securities. Refer to the list of acceptable securities located on the State Treasurer's web site.
The above items must be submitted to:Missouri Department of Revenue
PO Box 200
Jefferson City MO 65105-0200
Within two weeks of receiving your request, our staff will issue your certificate of self-insurance and identification cards, or issue a letter denying your request.